Monday, November 3, 2008

Word Count 2906

Maxwell


Yep, I'm slacking. Not intentionally, though. Had to make a trip to Cedar Rapids yesterday to pick up my daughter's dogs (that's Maxwell in the picture)...so round trip that cost me about 8 hours. I did manage to work out some plot issues in my head while driving up there. That counts, doesn't it.

When I got home I worked on the novel for about 3 hours. Today I will be chugging to catch up. If you use all thirty days in November to write, you have to average a little less than 1700 words a day. I've built in a couple of off days around Thanksgiving, so I've upped my target to 2000 words a day to compensate. So starting out this morning I am 1100 words behind my goal. Off to write.

Thanks for checking in and keep that encouragement coming. It keeps me away from the chocolate.


Oh, yesterday I went through Jo dee Messina, Tracy Lawrence, Martina McBride and a partial Kathy Mattea (had to shut it off--somehow the cd got scratched, and it's one of my favorites! Ouch! Sorry Kathy.)

P.S About the dogs, they winter at Grandma's house from November until January. My daughter's schedule is crazy until mid-December. She comes home for Thanksgiving and then for Christmas, so she's usually only away from thethem for about a month total. And it beats having to drive the dogs back and forth for the short Thanksgiving holiday.

Now I really am off to see how much trouble I can get Sissy into today.

P.S.S. If you aren't writing today, how come?

No comments: