Saturday, November 15, 2008

Word Count 28718

Run turkey, run
Well, the month is half over and I'm more than halfway to my 50,000 word goal. Unless I have a major meltdown, looks like I'll actually get to eat turkey with my family.

We had snow flurries here today, so that and the wind made me want to stay inside and write. I have a hard time staying at my desk when the weather is nice. I put my garden to bed early this year, so I'd have time for NaNo and would not be tempted to go out and prune plants.

I have to give kudos to Chris Baty and all the behind the scenes folks that work countless hours to keep NaNoWriMo functional. You all give us the momentum we need to push through our procrastination, stubborn characters, stalled plots and everything else that keeps us from writing.

This is my second year participating in NaNoWriMo. I crossed the finish line last year and plan to do so again this year. But I know if I were doing it on my own, I wouldn't find the ooomph to push me to the end. Thanks for everything you all do.

If you are so inclined hop over here and give NaNoWriMo a small donation to help them defer the costs of this awesome program. I know they will be grateful. I am.
And if you don't know anything about NaNoWriMo, go check out their programs here.

No comments: