Monday, December 1, 2008

Novel Contest and Shopping Update

photo courtesy of weidmaier


It's almost time for Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Contest. Amazon.com, Penguin Group (USA), and CreateSpace are joining forces for the Breakthrough Novel Award for 2009.

If you have an unpublished novel holed up in a drawer somewhere (and honestly who doesn't?), get that sucker out and spit shine it. Open submissions begin in February of 2009. Check out this link for details.

While you're at it, sign up for contest updates.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was awesome. Spent it with family and had a great dinner. And I didn't have to cook. What's not to love about that?

Spent a hectic day on Friday running from store to store in search of bargains. Found not a one, but I spent it with my daughter. We had a great time making fun of all the people lined up outside the stores. Not us. While a whole gaggle of folks were lined up outside Target, we raced into Penney's (no line), made our purchase, then raced down to Dick's Sporting Goods--again no line.


But taking up four spaces (that's right 4) in front of Best Buy was a rented motor home. Yep, a motor home. Apparently some women had rented a motor home to do their holiday shopping in. When we arrived they were sitting inside, drinking coffee. We could see them through the windows-and no we are not peeping toms. They had the curtains open and the lights on, so in the dark night, they stuck out like sore thumbs.

Now I ask you, what kind of bargains warrant renting a motor home?? I don't know about you, but I saved about $10 on my bargains Friday. So there is no motor home in my future shopping escapades.

I'm sure you're asking why I would get up at 5:00 am for a $10 savings. Tradition, folks. It's all about tradition. Heck, I don't even care if I buy anything. It's me and my daughter dragging butt out of bed in the dark and racing to the store--together. It's the day witih my daughter that's important and laughing at the other crazies who brave the night air in search of the elusive bargain.

Oh, and about the shopping cart--I didn't do it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: