Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Short Story and Poetry Contest and What's Next.

photo courtesy of jodimarr


Crazyhorse, a literary journal announces their Crazyhourse Fiction Prize and Lynda Hull Memorial Poetry Prize here .

Top Prize is $2000 and publication in Crazyhorse. Entry fee is $16 per manuscript for new entrants and $14 per manuscript if you've entered Crazyhorse prizes before.

Deadline is Dec. 15, 2008. Get cracking!

I've finally come down off my NaNoWriMo high and found I actually have some words left (my friends won't be surprised, because I usually never shut up.) I've taken this week off to recuperate (ie. sleep late), clean my office (I pretended to throw stuff away so my husband would shut up about the mess) and get ready to decorate the house for Christmas (okay, put up a fake tree with a couple of shiny ornaments and tinsel that I saved from last year. I had to throw the candy canes away because they got all gooey. Who knew?)

I have three more days, then I get back to work on the novel. Ya'll keep me on my toes, because I have a tendency to slack (play computer games.)

Tomorrow I'll post my list of favorite gifts to buy the writer in your life (or me, if you're so inclined.)

No comments: