Crazy guy. He's done it again. Nathan Bransford at Curtis Brown LTD. is hosting his 2nd Sort-of-Annual Stupendously Ultimate First Paragraph Challenge. Go check it out here.
Here's Nathan's rules.
1. Please post the first paragraph of any work-in-progress in the comments section of his post (NOT HERE FOLKS-GO TO HIS BLOG). The deadline for entry is THURSDAY 4pm Pacific time, at which point entries will be closed. Finalists will be announced on Friday, at which time you will exercise your democratic rights to choose a grand prize super awesome winner.
2. You may enter once, once you may enter, and enter once you may.
3. Spreading word about the contest is strongly encouraged.
4. I will be sole judge this time. Bwa ha ha.
5. A word on word count: I am not imposing a word count on the paragraphs. However, a paragraph that is too long may lose points in the judge's eyes. Use your own discretion.
Here's da prize.
The grand prize super awesome winner of the SUFPCx2 will win their choice of a partial critique, query critique or 15 minute phone conversation in which we can discuss topics ranging from reality TV shows to, you know, publishing. Your choice. Runners up will receive query critiques and/or other agreed-upon prizes.