Friday, November 13, 2009

Day 11, 12, 13 NaNoWriMo


image courtesy of sneeu

The last three days have gone by in a fog.

Day 11 - I spent with my friend Barb, who I am so thankful chooses to spend her Wednesdays with me. It's like having a free therapist and getting to each lunch all at once. Let's hear it for good friends who listen even when you rant and rave... :) Word count for Wednesday was 2002.

Day 12 - Critique day. Yep, after the gym and critique, I managed to squeeze out only 1586. But I noticed the word count widget is working. Yeah, NaNoWriMo gadget gurus. Thanks. don't ask me what the colors mean. I tried to figure it out thinking it was days I hit a target were one color and days I didn't were another color. And what's the thirds color. Anyway, that's not it. So if anyone can enlighten me, please do so. It's driving me crazy.

Day 13 - I am struggling mightily. I'm ready to kill off my main character and throw her love interest off a bridge. Sometime this week I totally abandoned my linear process and jumped write into writing out of sequence big time. I swore I wouldn't do that this year, but I did. I'll have to work on the linking scenes when my brain isn't so muddled. Word count today is 3003.

2 comments:

BECKY said...

You go girl! (is that comment passe' now?!) Also, yes, I love my girl friends who are also therapists, and comedians, etc.etc.
In fact, aren't most REAL friends like that? We women know how to be "real" with each other. I always know immediately if I've discovered a new friend....and you are included!

Tricia Sanders said...

Passe' or not. I love it.

Thanks for the encouragement.