Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who's on Your Blog Roll?

photo courtesy of rustybrick


Aside from my blog, what blogs are you reading? Please check out my writer friends. Not only are they great writers, they're also smart people. If you check out their blogs and like them, tell them I sent you. If you don't like them, what can I say? Sorry! Likewise, if you came to my blog from one of theirs, let me know.

What do you look for in a blog? I like entertainment, for sure. But I'm also looking for industry news and writing advice. I'm especially anxious to check out the blogs of several agents every day. Some of the ones I follow are Janet Reid, Nathan Bransford, Jenny Rappaport, Colleen Lindsay, Kristin Nelson, Laurie McLean.

If you're submitting to agents and not reading their blogs, shame on you. It's a great way to get insider information (not in a stalker kind of way) about the agent's likes and dislikes. I don't stalk you guys, I promise. Well, maybe a little, but not in a scary way.

Here's a great post by Dustin Wax that lists 22 Blogs Every Writer Should Read.

So tell me, what are you favorite blogs and why? If you want to tout yours here, give me a shout and I'll swap links with you.

4 comments:

Babbles said...

You know which one is my favorite. Not being a writer, I am amazed at the creativity of some. I don't know if I should thank you or not for getting me started on this crazy stuff!

Tricia Sanders said...

We'll suck you into our web yet. bwaaa haaa haaa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great post - I'll have to check out the list of web sites writers should read - but (these days) I'm lucky if I can read 1 - 2 blogs a day.

Tricia Sanders said...

Janine,
I know what you mean. It seems like there is never enough time. The more I write the less I surf, but the opposite is also true. Sometimes more than I want :)