Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Novel

photo courtesy Thomas Hawk
It's getting down to the wire. I've added several new scenes and a new kiss (and it's a scorcher.) I've also added a new character who is showing real promise of hanging around and becoming an ally to my protagonist.


These walk-on characters are killing me. They come out of nowhere make themselves indispensable and then refuse to leave. I'm not sure what that means. Is my creativity flowing or am I allowing my characters to much leeway? Either way, this one's a keeper.


My goal was to have this thing finished the end of September, but that schedule is sliding a little due to some other commitments. But I'm on track for October. I do have my query letter ready to go and it's a good one, if I do say so myself. I'm working on the synopsis and it's not so good yet. But practice makes perfect. So I'll keep slogging away.


The mornings are starting to get chilly, and I love to open the window and let the morning air ruffle the curtains while I write. This morning I can hear the rooster next door crowing his little heart out. He must be a late sleeper, because it's already 8 a.m. I was up before him. Maybe I should start crowing to wake the little slacker up.


Morning is my favorite time to write, but I don't get to do it often. When I do it's a special treat.


When's your favorite time to write?

No comments: